“How to Join God’s Family and Become God’s Friend”
(How To Be Saved)
The first thing you must do to become a part of God’s family is
1) Admit you are a sinner. The Bible clearly teaches that we have all sinned Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Because you are a sinner you need God’s forgiveness.
After you have admitted you are a sinner you must,
2) Repent of your sins – Acts 3:19 “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,” To repent means to tell God you are sorry for the sins you have committed. But it also means to turn away from your sin. You cannot be a Christian and remain in your sin.
After you have repented you must,
3) Ask for God’s forgiveness I John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
If you have truly repented of your sins and ask God to forgive you He will, then you must,
4) Receive God’s gift of eternal life – Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Eternal life is a gift from God but for it to be effective in your life you have to receive it. While you deserve death God offers you eternal life through Jesus Christ.
If you have truly repented of your sin then you need to accept God’s gift of eternal life. If you have taken the above steps
5) You can be sure you are saved, Romans 10:9 “… if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
If you have accepted Jesus Christ and His gift of eternal life you have just begun a new life. Now you must,
6) Continue to walk with Jesus I John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Your journey with Jesus Christ has just begun. For the rest of your life you have the privilege of walking with Him. He has many things to show you and many places to take you. Welcome to God’s family!
If you have followed the above steps or have any questions about what it means to be a part of God’s family I would love to talk with you. I would also love to help you find a Bible believing church in your area to attend. My contact information is listed under “About Us.”
Rev. Doug Lane